Design your own tubing adventure! Take our Turtle Bus and spend your day with up to 30 of your closest friends chilling on the river. (20+/- person minimum)
- Person Ages 13+
- Youth Ages 5-12
- Toddler Ages 0-4
An All-Day Colorado River Tubing Party
We love our Shared Bus Tubing Cruises! However, we need a minimum of 16 people to operate. We will reach out to you 3 days prior to let you know if this needs to change to “Meet at River.”
- Departure Schedule:
- 9:45 a.m. – Vail Transit Center
- 10:00 a.m. -Bob’s in Avon (park at bottom lot)
- 10:15 a.m. – Woody’s in Edwards
- 10:30 Swing by the Liquor Shop in Gypsum, to go to the restroom, grab any necessary items you may need. Get organized for your river launch.
- 11 a.m. – Estimated arrival at Dotsero Landing. Turtle Squad will deliver safety speech and get you loaded into your tubes. Ready. Set. Float! Start your 2hr+/- river adventure!
- 1:45 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. – Estimated arrival at Turtle Beach for the take out.
- 2:45 p.m. – Wheels rolling headed back for the return drop-offs.
- 3:30 p.m. – EVERYONE OFF THE BUS.
**THINGS TO BRING ON THE RIVER**
* Knowledge of how to swim!
* River shoes for your own enjoyment (shoes you don’t mind getting wet) and a river shirt (something to protect you from sun and wind).
* Drinking water (this is a 2hr +/- river float, we won’t let you on the river without it!)
* Personal cooler with snacks and beverages for you to enjoy (NO GLASS ALLOWED! NO STYROFOAM!) Soft coolers are best, as you have to share the space with your cooler in your tube. Remember, you “pack-out what you pack-in!” So be smart about what you bring.
We want you to have a memorable and enjoyable experience on the river! That being said, we also want you to be SAFE so please abide by the following bus and river policies:
• As Per the BLM, NO glass cans or large coolers. No Styrofoam. Pack accordingly. You are responsible for your own trash.
• NO drinking your own alcohol on the Turtle Bus. We have a liquor license on the bus and a variety of drinks available for purchase.
• NO tying tubes together using rope! This damages the tubes and makes the river take-out process significantly longer.
• Stay in your tube! Do NOT beach up anywhere until you pass all of the private property. BOTH sides of the river are private property until you are about 1hr+/- in. Your river guide will give you landmarks of where it is ok to beach your tube and stretch your legs.
- Please be respectful of your time and ours. While this is a private tubing experience and you are on a shared bus, we do ask that you respect your agreed upon time line. Otherwise, overage charges may be incurred.
- Enjoy our shared bus service with our pre-scheduled pick-up locations. Being on time is very important (especially on Saturdays). Since this is a shared bus, please be respectful of other people’s time.
- Payment is due in full seven days after booking or seats will be released to the public.
- We recommend wearing a swimsuit underneath light clothing. Bring sunscreen & bug spray (just in case). Bottled water, river shoes, sunglasses and snacks. You will be on the river for 2hrs+/-. Bring a SOFT cooler (no hard coolers or styrofoam coolers).
- Remember, the BLM does not allow open containers, bottles or cans on the river, or the private property on both sides of the river. Please pack accordingly. (wink wink)
- We recommend wearing a hat and bringing a rain jacket as well!
- When checking the local weather forecast, please check Dotsero weather for floating conditions.
- Please see What to Expect for more details.
- Since this is a shared bus, please stay with your group. You all arrive together, you all must depart together. If you are not at the river take-out location within a reasonable amount of time, you will miss your scheduled return shuttle.