What’s better than spending the day on the river with your friends and family?! Ready. Set. Float! Create your own adventure! Can’t wait to see you riverside in Dotsero for a day in the sun!
Vail Group Buyout: Private Round Trip & Float Experience
- Private Trip (Turtle Bus) Rent out the whole 30 person Turtle Bus
Private, Door-to-Door Turtle Bus Service for Groups!
- 9:15a.m. to 9:30a.m. – Pick-up from a maximum of three locations in Vail Valley. (On Saturdays, two pick-up location maximum)
- 11 a.m. – Estimated arrival at Dotsero Landing, where one of our friendly team members helps you get ready to start your 2.5 hour float
- 2 p.m. to 2:30p.m. – Estimated arrival at Turtle Beach for take out.
- 3 p.m. – Wheels rolling! Heading back up-valley for the return drop offs.
$69.00 Turtle Bus Transpertainment and Colorado River Float PER PERSON.
- The minimum is 16 to 26 people based on bus availability.
Lunch Option — For an additional $14 per person, satisfy your post river hunger with our Turtle Pizza! You must request lunch at least 48 hours prior to your reservation.
**THINGS TO BRING ON THE RIVER**
* Knowledge of how to swim!
* River shoes for your own enjoyment (shoes you don’t mind getting wet) and a river shirt (something to protect you from sun and wind).
* Drinking water (this is a 2hr +/- river float, we won’t let you on the river without it!)
* Personal cooler with snacks and beverages for you to enjoy (NO GLASS ALLOWED! NO STYROFOAM!) Soft coolers are best, as you have to share the space with your cooler in your tube. Remember, you “pack-out what you pack-in!” So be smart about what you bring.
We want you to have a memorable and enjoyable experience on the river! That being said, we also want you to be SAFE so please abide by the following bus and river policies:
• As Per the BLM, NO glass cans or large coolers. No Styrofoam. Pack accordingly. You are responsible for your own trash.
• NO drinking your own alcohol on the Turtle Bus. We have a liquor license on the bus and a variety of drinks available for purchase.
• NO tying tubes together using rope! This damages the tubes and makes the river take-out process significantly longer.
• Stay in your tube! Do NOT beach up anywhere until you pass all of the private property. BOTH sides of the river are private property until you are about 1hr+/- in. Your river guide will give you landmarks of where it is ok to beach your tube and stretch your legs.
- Please be respectful of your time and ours. While this is a private tubing experience and you have a private bus, we do ask that you respect your agreed upon time line. Otherwise, overage charges may be incurred.
- Enjoy door-to-door service when booking a private group buyout, with a maximum of three pickup locations. (Two pickup locations on Saturdays)
- Payment is due in full seven days after booking or seats will be released to the public.
- We recommend wearing a swimsuit underneath light clothing. Bring sunscreen & bug spray (just in case). Bottled water, river shoes, sunglasses and snacks. You will be on the river for 2hrs+/-. Bring a SOFT cooler (no hard coolers or styrofoam coolers).
- Remember, the BLM does not allow open containers, bottles or cans on the river, or the private property on both sides of the river. Please pack accordingly. (wink wink)
- We recommend wearing a hat and bringing a rain jacket as well!
- When checking the local weather forecast, please check Dotsero weather for floating conditions.
- Please see What to Expect for more details.